Friday, 18 May 2012

Skinfood Black Sugar Wash Off Mask (Review)



Description:
Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off contains black sugar ingredient, which contains rich minerals, vitamins and glycolic acid, for removing aged cuticles. This face scrub effectively exfoliates dead skin that prevents makeup application, while revitalizing skin. It ensures better absorption of the following skin care products. Skin is revitalized and hydrated.

Country of Origin:
South Korea


Size:
100g


Directions:
  1. After washing, apply desired amount on to face, avoiding eye and mouth areas.
  2. Mix with water or toner to reduce skin irritation, and massage.
  3. Wait 10 to 15 minutes, and then wash off with warm water.

Packaging:
The Black Sugar Mask is in fact a face scrub. It comes in a little tub with a small screw cap lid.
Ingredients: Sucrose, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycerin, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Lanolin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Ethylexanoate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Butyroseperum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Laurate, Butylparaben, BHT, Caramel, Parfum






The brown product contains sugar granules. It looks a bit like a cake mixture because it has slight oil base. It works really well exfoliating the skin it's not that harsh either to the extent it is abrasive.

Scent:
It's hard to describe the smell, because it smells a bit of everything. The smell is pretty strong. It's very strange because the first sniff I smelt Coca-Cola... The more I smell it, it became more of a lemon/citrus-like smell. I also thought it smelled like a washing powder. Now... it's a mystery how I can smell all these. I asked my mum for her account and she said the exact same thing so I can assure you I don't have phantosmia.


I've actually tried to make my own DIY sugar mask but those have a shorter life span and it does make a bit of a mess. There's something about making your own masks that makes me think it's less hygienic. To me this is much better that the homemade stuff.

I started using this when I was ill with the cold about a month ago now and I had extremely dry skin on my nose and my upper lip area. After using it the flakiness disappeared completely. I had baby's butt soft skin. It really helps to clear away dead skin cells. This is practically an amazing product especially the winter or cold months. I sometimes experience dry patches on my face I don't ever feel it anymore because I've been using this (2-3 times a week) and my intensive leave in mask every night.
I've been using it for 4-5 weeks and there is still a lot of product left. I think one tub will last me a long time. This product is pretty inexpensive for how well it works and just about the average price of any mask or face scrub.
When you use water to wash the residue the warm water actually melts the sugar.

Pros:
- Acts as a good exfoliater - great at removing dead skin cells
- Leaves your skin soft
- One tub will last you a very long time
- Great for the winter months


Cons:
- I felt a slight tingle on my face after using it, it's very mild however
- It contains parfum. This must mean it was used to make the product smell nice but I don't think it's necessary, infact it smells quite odd anyway with the waft of smells

17 comments:

Imah Aziz ♥ said...

great review! i kept on forgetting to try this..

Chaitea said...

The packaging is very cute :)
Great product! I'm going to have to buy this when I can x)
It's really interesting how it can smell like coke then citrus then washing powder xD
Chaitea

Confessions of A Confused City Girl said...

It looks like a great product but it seems like something you could make at home

~Sherine
Check out my blog, comment, and follow if you like!
Confessions Of A City Girl

Selen♥ said...

thanks for the review ^^ sounds like a great product, i might pick this up :D x

My Blog ~ xLittleBells♥

Tulip Love said...

I'm a fan of Cosmetic Love too ^^

This black sugar mask looks pretty interesting! It's strange how it can smell like different things~

I dislike products with strange smells so I might give this a skip. Thanks for the review!

Jing-Jing said...

Thanks for the review!! I love sugar scrubs and usually make my own but I think I'd get this if I wanted to treat myself :P

LOL at you description of the smell! It sort of make me want to try it more...it's made me curious!

☆ yotface said...

oooh!! sounds super interesting! I will definitely have to buy and try this out when I head to Korea again =D
thanks for the review sweetie!!

HDan said...

Hi
I just came across your blog (n_n)
And thanks for sharing! I've been considering this product for some time and your post was very informative!
You've also gotten me curious about the smell now hehee...
By the way i also bought something from cosmetic.love some time ago, i saw that your located in the UK, so i was wondering how long it took for the item to arrive?
I would really appreciate it if you'd give me a reply when possible.
Many Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hey hun^^ oh yay welcome to my blog ~ Lol yeah it's the strangest thing ever! I've ordered from cosmetic-love.com about 4 times now and all orders took exactly a week to arrive. Hope you get yours soon. :)

Yuri said...

I have always curious with this mask but haven't got the chance to buy one, I might as well get one now that I read your review, it sounds like a perfect mask for me :)


YURI
http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

this post is very nice. i really like it.

MissFeelo said...

I actually prefer using homemade scrubs but I do like this one. Though I think I would be tempted to eat this. LOL It really does look like a cookie mixture or something.

Dawnelia said...

I have the rice one and I would love to try the other skin food masks!

Would you like to follow each other? :)

http://dear-diary.dawnelia.com

kerker said...

wow this product sounds good. Never tried a sugar mask before.

Sam Murakami said...

Maybe I should get that scrub when I see a skin food next time! I had some masks but I neither found them super good nor bad so I just keep forgetting about that brand. What I dislike a bit is that all their products sound very organic (like Honey, Sugar, Potato idk) but they are not, there's a lot artificial stuff in it which I find a pity! :/ Nonetheless I'm in need of a good scrub so I keep that in mind, thanks for the review! :)

Beau said...

wow! i read all reviews and i find it really good! i like the products <3
your blog is very lovely and cute :3

love
beauthi.blogspot.com

Jess said...

nice review. been meaning to try this for the longest time...don't know why i haven't since i use quite a few of their other products. i think your review just pushed me to try it haha

Jess x

www.3-gmui.blogspot.co.uk/