Saturday, 11 February 2012

Etude House AC Clinic Gel Lotion (Review)


AC Clinic is a line from Etude House for troubled skin.

The AC Clinic Gel lotion is formulated with Salicylic Acid and Hinoki Cypress extract. AC Clinic Gel Lotion clarifies and soothes troubled skin while maintain oil/moisture balance without aggravation.

It is Non-Comedogenic & Dermatologist Tested. 'Non-Comedogenic' means it will not produce nor aggravate acne. AC Clinic line is formulated without acne-inducing ingredients to promote clear skin.



The AC Clinic line comes in 6 steps:
Application sequence: Foam Cleanser --> Toner --> Gel Lotion --> Red Spot Balm --> Pink Powder Spot --> Pink Daily Spot, Calming Mist



Packaging: It comes in a heavy green glass bottle with a white label on it, not the cutest packaging from Etude House, but perhaps they were going for a more serious approach. Sometimes the cutesy pink packaging doesn't seem convincing that is it an effective product. You can't help but feel a little sceptical about it (don't get me wrong I'm a sucker for cute packaging. Looking at something cute is bound to make you feel bettter even when you're not in the best of mood).

I feel that the bottle is a bit stubborn. Think of those glass ketchup bottles - I think most have been replaced by the squeezy bottles. I'm not sure if they have those ketchup bottles anymore where you have to tilt it upside down and you wait for it to come out. You go through the same process here. So you either pour too much of the lotion out or too little of the product.





Texture: The consistency is kind of runny. It's very light and so absorbs really fast.

Smell: It has a very strong smell. I like the smell of this! It has a slightly lemon scent which is from the Hinoki (plant).

Price: I think the whole Etude House brand products are really afforable. I got it in Sasa, unfortunately they don't have it in stock no more!

My Thoughts: Although my skin type isn't acne prone skin.. well I got it but didn't
 know the skin type it was specifically forLOL ( When I buy things I just buy it without reading carefully, I do that with clothes too - I've learned my lesson, I hope). I saw Park Shin Hye's pretty face advertising for this product so I wanted it. ^^'

I've been using AC Clinic Gel Lotion for 2 weeks. The first week I used it my skin was indifferent. I liked applying this because it absorbs quickly and doesn't make my skin oily. It didn't aggravate my skin in any way but after a week went by my skin became a little dry and I had dry patches on my face. The weather may contribute to this factor as the whole of the UK I believe is experiencing freezing temperatures. (It's Winter afterall). I feel that I require something more hydrating and moisturising for the season and this may be more suited for the Summer months.

10 comments:

Airi said...

Wow...Etude has a very cute image goin' on, so this soju-like bottle is QUITE the contrast from the usual Etude cuteness!! I would have walked right by it! Thanks for the review~

Phoebe Limanta said...

Etude always has the cutest packaging ever and they're so so affordable! Thanks so much for letting us know about this product :D

Bunny said...

Airi: That is soo true! I was looking at all the Etude House products in the skincare category and this appeared I was like huh O-O?! I was thinking they put the wrong brand in this category by accident but then I looked again and nope it was Etude House!

Phoebe Limanta: You are very welcome dear ~!

joanish said...

i love ac clinic foam cleanser, gel, and toner!

MissFeelo said...

ah I've heard the same thing about it being a bit drying. Guess it would be best suited during the summer months.

Imah Ayub ♥ said...

I was going to buy this, but the mention of Salicylic acid froze me up :( I'm acne prone and I'm allergic to salicylic acid, ironic!

Bunny said...

Are you also allergic to aspirin? That is pretty ironic ><

Bunny said...

Yeah I'll try it in the summer and see how it goes. :)

Bunny said...

Cool! I want to try the spot treatment from the AC line. :)

Lia said...

I'm from the Philippines, known for its very tropical weather (thus, my very oily skin). I've had break outs and tiny pimples on my temples (probably from my bangs) since I started working late nights, and I'm very pleased to say that the gel lotion (with the bubble cleanser) cleared my breakouts. I use it twice a day, even when I don't go out. I haven't even consumed half of the contents of each product. Now I'm going to see if this can lighten up the scars.

great blog btw!