Followers

Tuesday, 27 December 2011

Koji Dolly Wink No.1 Dolly Sweet Review

Hello lovelies~ I have decided to review Dolly Wink lashes\(//∇//)\ I have 5/8 of the different designs and I will be reviewing them.

It's funny that I'm reviewing them now because these are already an "older" line of Dolly Winks. Last month Tsubasa Masuwaka brought out a new collection, Otona, which is a more natural approach to false eyelashes. They definitely look a lot more wearable and perfect for everyday wear. I still can't find an online shop that sells it. The lower lashes in particular look gorgeous so I'm hoping online shops will stock up on these!

Dolly Sweet lash is more dramatic on the outer ends. The fake lashes increase volume and extends lengths at the end of the upper eyelid line. It creates a very flattering dolly look.





The packaging defines cuteness. It has a pink background and black polka-dots with lace trimming on the side, and the beautiful Tsubasa Masuwaka herself.




A little tube of the Dolly Wink lash glue is included in the pack. This glue is amazing. It doesn't have that cheap glue smell which I tend to expect from glues included with eyelashes - from past experiences ( ̄◇ ̄;). And it dries really quickly! I think I'll get the larger tube of the glue, it has a brush so that it's even easier to apply glue to your lashes.




The thin band makes it fragile but it makes it so much easier to apply! This is because you can easily mould it to suit the shape of your eyes. You will have to be careful when you take them out of the packaging, this is the case for all Dolly Wink lashes.


How to Apply
  1. Curl your eyelashes.
  2. Remove the lashes from the pack and measure them against your own lash line. I wouldn't advise cutting your Dolly Winks, instead I would extend my lash line with an eyeliner.
  3. Bend your lashes slightly.
  4. Apply glue to the base of the false lashes. Wait 10 seconds just before the glue becomes tacky. I don't wait for too long because sometimes I mess up and go too far from the lashline and try removing it and the glue isn't as strong so chances are they will fall off. 
  5. Start applying them from the middle of your eye and as close to your lash line as possible. Using tweezers makes things so much easier. I also like to use the Y stick that came with the Eyetalk glue. But any slightly pointy object will do.
  6. Press the lashes to your real eyelashes so that it combines
  7. You may want to curl your lashes again and apply eyeliner (mascara is too heavy in my opinion) so that it combines your natural lashes with the false lashes. 



(I dyed my hair back to black) and I no longer wear circle lenses that aren't fda approved. I'm not wearing above hence my eyes don't 'pop' but oh well~.

 

Close up

 
 



 Pros
- Easy to apply
- Light weight
- Clear lash band
- Reusable; if you take care of them
- Comfortable to wear
- Doesn't irritate the eyes

 Cons
- Pricey
- Delicate
- Might be too dramatic if you are going for a more natural look


Product ★★★★★
Price ★★★☆☆
Packaging ★★★★★
Overall Rating ★★★★★


I will also be reviewing Dolly Wink No. 3, 5, 6 and 8.
Thanks and goodbye~
xxxxx

5 comments:

MuiMui said...

You look really cute with it ^^ Thanks for the post~

Yoyo said...

Thanks for the review~! I might try buying the dolly wink lashes after you've reviewed them ^o^

Margaret said...

Your eyes still look so big, even without circle lens. These lashes look really pretty, but they do look a tad too dramatic for my taste. Thanks for the photos :)

Obsession said...

@MuiMui: Thanks honey ^3^ and you're welcome :) xxx

@Yoyo: You're very welcome. These are nice lashes to have^^ xxx

@Margaret: Lol haha really(//∇//) I kind of miss wearing them though. T.T I think these are good for special occasions but a bit too much for an everyday look. xxx

myou said...

thank you to follow my blog ^.^

this pairs of eyelashes is my favorite !

verry comfortable, on me it's weird but they looks natural not dramatic xD