Followers

Friday, 27 May 2011

My Beauty Diary Birds Nest Mask Review




My Beauty Diary Bird’s Nest Mask whitens, nourishes and renews the skin.
Bird’s nest extract, a precious ingredient, and corallina officinalis, the so-called “bird’s nest from the bottom of the sea”, intensely enhances skin’s moisture level, and nourishes strongly.
Hydrolyzed soy and rice protein enhance skin’s defence, elasticity and transparency. They also relieve discomfort resulting from dryness.
It is suitable for normal skin. It is especially recommended for dry, rough and dull skin.



Many people outside of Asia might not know what bird's nest is... it is the product literally of a bird's nest; the saliva of birds. Obviously the bird's saliva is cleaned. The quality depends on when they are harvested. The most expensive are the ones earliest harvested. The ones later on are less expensive (but still expensive) because after the bird's eggs hatches the quality is reduced.

In Chinese people eat this. It is called 燕窩. It is a very nutritional but very costly - a bowl of bird's nest soup would cost $30 USD to $100 USD. A kilogram of white nest can cost up to $2,000 USD, and a kilogram of "red blood" nest can cost up to $10,000 USD. So really, it's not the typical Chinese cuisine you would often see.

It is rich in nutrients and it has health enhancing abilities and a list of other properties that helps your skin. Bird's nest is not cheap so if you think that this contains real bird's nest well obviously it won't, not at that price. All the same this is one of my favourite masks out of the MBD line. So like the actual cuisine the bird's nest mask has a very light scent, you could say it is unnoticeable, which is great for those who dislike strong smells. The mask is rich in moisture and leaves my skin noticeable soft and hydrated. Recently my skin had been a bit dry so I decided to purchase it again and it really helps adding moisture to my skin.

Rating: ★★★★☆

16 comments:

Omnom Neko said...

Ohhh~ thanks for the review :]
I really want to start buy facial masks >W<

Miss Holly said...

I have just emailed you, please check your emails :)

Holly
xoxo
www.fashion-beautyx.blogspot.com

Lu. said...

@Omnom Neko:
I think sheet masks are very convenient I prefer them than the wash off masks because I'm too lazy to remove it x3

@Holly:
Okay, will do~^^

Rinny said...

Lol bird's nest definitely doesn't sound so appealing when you describe it like that xDD

But yeah I have to agree that a lot of ppl outside Asia prob have no idea what it is. It's suppose to be really healthy for you if eaten, so it must do wonders for your skin :)

Fionaa ♥ said...

thank you for the review :)
been wanting to buy the bird nest mask for a while and the strawberry yogurt one ^__^

mimi said...

Bird's nest is really healthy! (: My mom always tells people who are pregnant to drink it.. hahaha~ Thank you for the great information & review! ^^ I will be checking it out soon :D I want to try out masks!~

Chococcuro said...

oh dear...I've never tried bird's nest...but I'm known to like a lot of things others find disgusting, like century egg and natou :P Thanks for introducing these masks! Do they really work?

Btw I love your blog so I'll be following :D

★00★ said...

I love this series of masks! I love the Aloe one the most so far but I'm going to buy more this summer to try out!

Marion ♥ said...

Hi. I'm hosting a giveaway :) Can I invite you to join? ^^
http://forest-doll.blogspot.com/2011/06/first-blog-giveaway-u.html

Phuju Pham said...

This is prob one of my fave mask in the My Beauty Diary Mask series! Lovely review dear~~ ^^

pinkmashumaro said...

The bird's nest and the black pearl are my all time favourite masks from MBD. But to be fair I haven't exactly tried every single one of their masks from their line. XD

Thank you very much for your comment Phuongie/Phuju ^^ or shall I call you Youtube partners star LOL <3 Congratulations btw! I think it takes guts to post videos on Youtube because the potential audience is so tremendous, it's intimidating. O-O I wouldn't want to say the wrong thing, the UCLA girl being a perfect example of the bad consequences. T^T

pinkmashumaro said...

I haven't tried the Aloe one yet! I need to get my hands on the all-in-one sets so that I can try them all out but it's always out of stock on Sasa. I see it available and then a few minutes later it's out of stock again. Sasa is such a tease ;( LOL

pinkmashumaro said...

Century egg ~ yummy. I actually quite like it.. XD In my congee - but too much is a bit sickening. I haven't tried nato before but it looks quite cool hahaha. I do have a tolerance to "disgusting things" I guess LOL except I don't find it that gross it might just be a cultural thing.^^'

Aww thank you honey! And thanks for your comment ~

pinkmashumaro said...

I knew that ginger vinegar was great for pregnancy (especially after given birth) but I didn't think bird's nest was too! I guess it has enriching properties that benefits alot of people. No no I need to thank you for always commenting on my posts I'm really touched haha <3

pinkmashumaro said...

Thanks for leaving a comment Fiona ~ The strawberry yogurt one is good it really helps whitening! The smell is lovely too <3

★☆AdamAlexMommy☆★ said...

you have a fantastic blog! enjoyed browsing, and following! hope to stay connected with your posts. :)
cheers
jasmine
adamalexmommy.com